Saturday 19 July 2014

Special anniversary menu at Sanctum Club - Chic Tapas Bar

Thursday can become fun for me if I have been invited by a restaurant to celebrate with them and also try their new dishes on the menu. This time it was Sanctum club - Tapas bar at The Chancery Pavilion located on Residency road. They were celebrating their first anniversary and also introduced new dishes on their menu. I was very excited to try out the Spanish delicacies.





Photo credits of the interiors: Sanctum Facebook page

The general menu at Sanctum is a product of carefully created flavorful works of art. Choose from a wide selection of Spanish, Mediterranean and Indian dishes and finish your meal on a sweet note of sinfully delicious desserts. With periodic new additions to the menu, the kitchen is constantly innovating at Sanctum. The bar boasts a variety of imported liqueurs with an exclusive selection of single malts, select wines and signature Sanctum cocktails.

Beating the traffic which failed to stop me from reaching Sanctum, I was welcomed with some amazing music. The decor looks great and looks like chic nightclub. Sanctum has designed an all day Special anniversary menu, a four course meal at Rs.1400 inclusive of all taxes which was introduced to me and other bloggers by Chef Joaquin Albarreal Arjona, executive sous chef. He has got his home-style Spanish cooking to Sanctum. I was honored to try this all new menu.

Chef Joaquin Albarreal Arjona

Special anniversary menu

We started with entree where we could choose from Broccoli and almonds expresso or Salmorejo foam. I chose Broccoli and almonds expresso, shocking to see me have veg? Yes but I wanted to try it. It was served in a cup and served with broccoli cookies, so that you can dip and have the cookies else enjoy the cookies alone. The soup was creamy and was toasted with almonds. Very warm and thick, made me crave for it more. The soup raised the expectation level from Sanctum. Chef mentioned that this was his mother's recipe and he usually craves for it when he misses home and his food.

Broccoli and almonds expresso

Those who had Salmorejo foam, tomato foam served over poached egg, bacon and garlic croutons were impressed with the crunchiness and taste of meat in the tangy soup. Chef Joaquin mentioned that it is one of the traditional dishes but with his twist.

Salmorejo foam

While the others were enjoying White wine, I enjoyed my Watermelon mojito and Virgin mojito throughout my dinner.



Watermelon mojito

Virgin Mojito

Next came the starter, where I chose Burger bull over Grilled aubergine and wild rocket. Braised ox tail patty served along with braising juicy mayo impressed me. It was bursting with flavors with every bite, very juicy too. The recipe was sent by Chef's father and he wanted to include it in the menu as the burger is very different because the meat is cooked by itself for us to relish the flavor of beef.

Burger bull 

Grilled aubergine and wild rocket was fresh, savory and juicy. All efforts were made to cut the bitterness of rocket leaves. I do not enjoy rocket leaves so my choice of starter was perfect. A special mention to First agro farms from where some of the vegetables are bought. Those following my blog will know that First agro delivers grow zero pesticides vegetables and fruits.

Grilled aubergine and wild rocket

We had 3 options for main course to choose from. Beer infused grilled chicken, Grilled salmon or Wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil. I chose Grilled salmon for the love I have for sea food. Salmon was grilled to perfection and served with basil cream sauce and greek salad which was very scrumptious.

Grilled salmon

When I heard that the most selling dish is Wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil, I couldn't help but have a taste of it. It was a simple looking dish but very rich in flavor. I am sure I will ask for this flavorful dish when ever I visit Sanctum. I highly recommend this.

Wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil

Beer infused grilled chicken, where chicken is marinated in beer for 5-6 hours and grilled to perfection served with creamy mashed potato and steamed vegetables is also one of their fast selling dish. Other bloggers who had this were all praise for it.

Beer infused grilled chicken
Now it was the time for the dessert. The name took me by surprise, it's called Sunny side up, a replica of fried eggs with fries but in a dessert. A liquid mango sphere seated on white chocolate mousse served with apple fries and strawberry ketchup. The chef told us to have the entire mango sphere in one go and as we did, the flavors burst. This is by the far the best dessert I have ever had. A heavenly experience. Full marks for innovation, name and the taste. Kudos to Chef Joaquin for it.

Sunny side up

You can hear all about the special anniversary menu and Chef Joaquin's experience in the video. A young chef but with great knowledge of food and flavors.


I cannot end the post till I thank the team of Burrp for inviting me for the meet. I am a happy burrper :)




Stay connected to Sanctum club on their Facebook pageTwitter page and Website to know more about their power lunches, parties and a lot more.


3 comments:

  1. Tapas Food..The word Tapas for me refers to the Food people have while they go on Bar hopin in namely Catalonia region of Spain (Hear Barcelona)..Drinks & food go on till merry hrs of morning for people here..
    To have such food in India by an spanish chef is rare..The food here seems to be inspired by it..Although not exactly Tapas food..But use of Foam & expresso in soups gave it a unique edge..(Molecular Gastronomy...Science meeting food to create a magical blend of tastes)..A rare combo found in India..Highly recommended to try Food cooked using molecular gastronomy technique (Its mad chef in science lab...hehe)..

    The starters were good..Light salad & Burger..perfect bar food...Beer infused chicken & Grilled salmon & Risotto with truffle oil (white truffle..super rich)..Dessert was also creative..Wish i could know more abt the place...

    Lovely article Rumana...Hope you are able to try other dishes from them along with wines & liquors (As a Tapas place is well known for it)..Iam sure you will visit them soon..Dont forget to take me along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikhil, I am sure Sanctum will call me again for a review of their menu too where I can write more about the place. I limited this review to the Special anniversary menu.
      Appreciation from a chef like u feels good. I am sure Chef Juaquin will be thankful too. Keep reading :)

      Delete
    2. My regards to Chef Juaquin & his team...For the splendid experience they gave you & other patrons day in day out..

      Delete