Saturday 6 September 2014

Shiro during Times City Gourmet Week 2014

Shiro, a pan-Asian restaurant is a place I have been waiting to visit from sometime so the Times city Gourmet week 2014 presented by American express gave me a chance to visit them and have a pleasant evening. It was a week long culinary celebration showcasing Times Food Award 2014 winning restaurants across 6-cities.







It was family time so I was accompanied with my Mom to Shiro. As I and Mom do not drink, so the manager was kind enough to provide us with Fresh lime soda and Peace iced tea instead of a glass of complimentary wine.

Fresh lime soda
Peace iced tea

























I and my Mom started our meal with Creamy spicy noodle soup, a coconut based soup with vermicelli, shrimp and crabstick. It was their in house special. it was cooked well and the taste of every ingredient was tasted.
Creamy spicy noodle soup

For appetizers, I preferred Celery and prawn dumpling and my mom chose Chicken in Mongolian bean sauce which was recommended by the server, Arun. Juicy prawns flavored with black pepper, celery and spicy xo sauce wrapped transparent wrapper was good, I felt the spice was a little less so the chili sauce compensated for it. Small chicken pieces tossed in Mongolian bean sauce was cooked to perfection and as flavorful.

Celery and prawn dumpling
Chicken in Mongolian bean sauce

For main course I chose Fish in Laksa sauce and mom preferred Chicken hot pot with shiitake mushrooms, both were served with exotic hibachi rice. Fish simmered in Laksa sauce with a dash of tamarind served with hibachi rice was faultlessly spicy and delectable. Their speciality dish made from shiitake mushrooms and chicken simmered with exotic sauces served with hibachi rice was palatable.

Hibachi rice
Fish in Laksa sauce
Chicken hot pot with shiitake mushrooms

For desserts, I chose Mississippi mud slide which was a classic chocolate mudpie served with rich chocolate sauce. It was very soft and melted in my mouth instantly. It was divine and I wouldn't miss ordering one more. Mom chose Coconut and pecan tart which was a coconut flavored tart with pecan nuts, also called as walnuts and chocolate chips served with a scoop vanilla ice-cream ended our awesome meal. The dessert were very rich and the highlight of the evening.

Mississippi mud slide

Coconut and pecan tart

The service by Arun was to be mentioned as he took care of all our needs. The evening was very pleasant with some good music being played and some amazing food served. Do try Shiro and leave comments on what should I try on my next visit.


2 comments: